"Headspace has undoubtedly enabled me to remain positive due to the space it creates to problem solve with other professionals. It has ultimately shaped my future career path... Thank you."
Lawrence Rouse, Headteacher Tipton Green Primary
You are here
Headspace for Leaders
Headspace is a confidential, personal and professional development programme designed specifically for Headteachers.
Headspace offers a safe environment where Headteachers can explore the most effective leadership behaviours and learn from each other, using action learning and problem-solving techniques.
It provides the time and space for Headteachers to develop and sustain their own resilience and personal and professional effectiveness. We are currently taking bookings for programmes staring in January 2014, including in Birmingham and in Dunstable (for Luton and Bedfordshire).
Coming Soon... other areas now taking expressions of interest, including North-East Lincolnshire (Grimsby), Worcestershire, The Black Country, Hull and the East Riding and Calderdale.
We are also looking for Headspace Facilitators to help with the programme.
How Does Headspace Work?
Headspace runs over a period of between six and twelve months and is customised to meet the needs of the Headteachers within their specific local context.
The Headspace programme consists of:
- A whole-day introductory session, followed by,
- Five half day sessions, all facilitated by a Worklife Support Consultant
The Worklife Support Consultant will work with each group of Headteachers to establish and agree a programme that is relevant and helpful, focussing on the specific concerns and interests of the small group.
Why Work With Us?
- We have worked with over 800 Headteachers nationally over the past few years.
- Our skilled facilitators, all from an education background have a deep understanding of the issues facing Headteachers today.
- Many of our cohorts continue to meet as a group in subsequent years.
The Benefits to Your Headteacher
Headteachers have gained the following benefits through their active participation of the Headspace programme :
- Improved resilience and the ability to work more effectively.
- Developing creative, robust and sustainable strategies to deal with practical issues of leadership.
- Enhanced capacity to work in a complex, constantly changing environment, facing challenges with optimism, creativity and innovation.
- Renewed enthusiasm and commitment for the work they do which has led to an improved productivity and engagement of their staff.
- How to manage recent changes within the education sector and the impact on their leadership.
- Improved strategies to manage difficult personalities and performance issues.
- Greater ability to prioritise and manage the demands of the job.
For me, Headspace has been a life-saver! Having dedicated time to meet with other Headteachers is so important.If we want Heads to stay in the profession, we really need to support them with this programme.