"The only thing is I wish I had seen a counsellor much before I did. It has really helped me change my way of thinking and how I deal with things."
Primary School Staff Member
You are here
Support and Counselling
Worklife Support Employee Assistance supports your staff in dealing with a wide range of potential issues or concerns in their personal and working lives.
Worklife Support provides counselling and support programmes to employees in over 700 schools and charities across the UK.
The service is totally confidential and provides your staff with 24 hour access to expert advice, guidance and emotional support, including face-to-face counselling.
Our experienced team are trained to help your employees manage the inevitable ups and downs of life – whether an everyday issue or a major life event, such as a bereavement or serious illness. Getting colleagues in touch with the right resource at an early stage can avoid problems escalating and help to protect the wellbeing and effectiveness of staff in the long term.
How Does Our Employee Assistance Programme Work?
All your staff are provided with free telephone access to our specialist team of counsellors and advisors offering:
- Emotional Support and Counselling - Our team of qualified professionals provides specialist telephone support for handling stressful life challenges such as relationship breakdown, bereavement or infertility.
- Up to 6 sessions of face to face counselling - We have a large network of associate counsellors across the country.
- Support for managers - our EAP has an integral support service for managers, dealing with important and sometimes challenging people issues.
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues – CAB-type advice offering information and sign-posting.
- Legal guidance – Our team of qualified legal professionals can provide specialist telephone support on a range of personal issues.
- Financial guidance and debt counselling - Access to our team of qualified financial professionals who can provide specialist support for debt worries.
The Benefits to Your Organisation
- Increased productivity and performance
- Reduced levels of sickness absence and associated costs
- More engagement from your staff, better morale, working relationships and a greater ability to handle the demands of work
- Reduced stress levels
- Providing an EAP helps you meet your duty of care, particularly in respect of stress at work.
Why Work With Us?
- All our counsellors are accredited by the British Association of Counselling (BACP)
- We are organisational members of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- We have over 10 years experience in the education and charity sectors.
- We drive the utilisation of the service, increasing your value for money through pro-active promotion and account management.
Looking for the EAP website? - login here.
The Worklife Support EAP is highly valued by our staff. It enables them to manage their lives pro-actively in areas that cannot be dealt with during normal working hours. It has sent a signal that shows we care.
Melanie Adams - HR Director The Collegiate Academy Trust